There are exactly 38 days left in 2016! As I look back at the changes and growth i’ve made this year I am just completely grateful. It’s been quite a year for me and i’m thankful for soooooo many things. Today, I want to share 10 things i’m thankful for:
- Basic Necessities – It’s so easy to take the basic necessities (food, water, roof over your head) for granted, especially living in a country with an abundance of everything.
- Good Health – My two favorite quotes to sum up why i’m grateful to have good health are, “Your health is your wealth” and “Those who don’t make time for health, will eventually make time for illness”. Without your health you have nothing.
- My Family – I couldn’t be blessed to have the most amazing family in the entire world. Loving, understanding and supporting all my decisions in life and business, but so protective at the same time. Although my dad is no longer with me, I encounter so many moments when I know his presence is strong. I am truly a product of the best parents a person could have.
- My boyfriend – When I first met Lekan, I really didn’t like him all that much (i’ll share that funny story in the future lol). Today, I couldn’t imagine a day without him. Words can’t begin to describe how blessed and lucky I am to have such an amazing man in my life. He instills confidence in me and sees me at my best, even on those days when I feel at my worst.
- My friends – I am truly grateful for my girls, my support system. They all play an important role in my life and I couldn’t ask for a better group of women to share the good, bad and ugly moments in life with.
- My blog – I started blogging again in July 2015 and now it’s been a little over a year. I can’t begin to share all the amazing opportunities and people i’ve met thanks to my blog. It’s been my personal space where I share all things I like and find interesting. As it evolves with me, I’m excited to see where it takes me. If you are reading this now, thank you for your support.
- My jewelry brand – My baby YINKA ORISAN is taught so much about business and continues to my favorite medium in which I express my creativity.
- Mistakes – I’m so grateful for all the mistakes I’ve made over this past year. I actually don’t see them as mistakes or failures, they were all lessons that have helped me pivot and grow in business. I’d rather make mistakes earlier on, so I can move forward with my new lesson in my back pocket.
- Entrepreneurial Mindset – Since I was in elementary school, I would be that student that would look forward to the holiday fundraiser sales, so I can go to my mom’s salon after work and convince her clients and staff to buy some cookies or random object to support my school (i laugh when I remember those days). Even in middle school, I would sell sodas and plates of food from my mom’s restaurant (lol). I’ve always had a selling/huslte mindset and it definitely comes from a a combination of both of my parents. Both immigrants from Nigeria in the early 80’s and entrepreneurs. I’ll end with a quote my dad used to always preach to me growing up, “One source of income is a prelude to poverty.”
- Book/Podcasts – I can truly say that i’m so grateful for all the podcasts and audiobooks that I’ve come across and subscribe to. They have all shaped me as an entreprenur and helped me refine my thinking in all aspects of life. I’ll be sharing some of my top favorite podcasts and books in a later post.
These are just a few of my ever growing list of things i’m grateful for. What are you thankful for this year?
Photography: Kriativ Co.